In this role, candidate will work with a multidisciplinary team to design, develop & create analytical solutions through applications of Data Mining, Machine Learning. The ideal candidate will help the team to develop ML applications, and take advantage of emerging technologies around Data Science. Candidate will be expected to be hands on as well as guide and mentor new modelers in the team.
- Understand business needs and apply Machine Learning/Big Data technology to solve real-world business problems
- Ability to build and optimize models using machine learning techniques including features selection & engineering
- Address pain points of the business and provide additional insights across domains like Regression, Classification, Machine Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, reinforcement learning and/or statistical modeling
- As a technical lead candidate, you will be working with various team members such as data engineers, data scientists, statisticians, actuaries and with application developers
- Analyze source data, working with structured and unstructured data
- Manipulate high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships, and trends
- Extend company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
May manage one or more advanced research projects simultaneously
- Understands business needs and applies AI/Machine Learning technology to solve real-world problems
- Present analysis and recommendations to target audience
MSc (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree with 1 years experience. Moderate working knowledge of modeling/research/analytics or actuarial required. Relevant statistical analysis work experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Relevant work experience in research and/or advanced analytic work (e.g. predictive modeling) in the insurance industry preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Computer Proficiency: Ability to read/revise/review a statistical software program (e.g. Python, R, Java, C++ an advantage) Ability to create advanced programs from scratch. Leading the Business: Problem Solving & Decision Making. Risk Taking, Innovation. Results Orientation. Business Perspective. Seeks Opportunities to Learn. Business Acumen: Understanding and knowledge of key business knowledge areas (e.g. product, enterprise, industry, claim process and competitors). Ability to leverage business knowledge to determine approaches to execution. Critical Thinking: Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic
Statistics: Understanding of advanced statistics underlying data models. Ability to apply new statistical procedures to work. Demonstrates strong ability and knowledge of database principles, data profiling, statistics and data modeling and can apply this knowledge in new or complex situations.
2+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Machine Learning Libraries, TensorFlow, Machine Vision, and Natural Language Processing
4+ years of experience in programming with Python, R, C++ or Java
1+ years of experience in handling data and working with database tools, e.g., SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop or Spark
Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Experience with contributing to open source project