In this role, candidate will work with a multidisciplinary team to design, develop in Java & create analytical solutions through applications of Data Mining, Machine Learning. The ideal candidate will help the team to develop and integrate a microservices application in Java and take advantage of emerging technologies around Data Science.
Must to have:
- 3+ years of strong experience in Java based development and design skills.
- Java Java 1.8 and above, strong Java coding and design skills, familiar with various security needs for Java based web architecture, Java based Web Services, Design Patterns
- Spring (boot, cloud, security) : Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Security Architecture for Web and Web Services, Spring based Web Services, Design Patterns
- RESTful service design and development
- Microservices design and development
- Cloud Distributed Architecture (micro service) understanding: Spring based implementation of Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Microservices Design, API Design
- Caching for Services, APIs • Integration with LDAP, Integration with Identity and Access Management Platform like ISAM
- The developer should be able to work independently, make design decision, participate in group conversion and propose own ideas
- Familiarity with working in an Agile culture
Nice to have:
- Understand business needs and apply Big Data/ Machine Learning technology to solve real-world business problems
- Ability to build and optimize models using machine learning techniques including features selection & engineering
- Address pain points of the business and provide additional insights across domains like Regression, Classification, Machine Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, reinforcement learning and/or statistical modeling
- As a technical lead candidate, you will be working with various team members such as data engineers, data scientists, statisticians, actuaries and with application developers
- Analyze source data, working with structured and unstructured data
- Manipulate high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships, and trends
- Extend company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
May manage one or more advanced research projects simultaneously
- Understands business needs and applies AI/Machine Learning technology to solve real-world problems
- Present analysis and recommendations to target audience
MSc (Computer science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree with 1 years experience. Moderate working knowledge of modeling/research/analytics. Relevant statistical analysis work experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Relevant work experience in Java Programming, research and/or advanced analytic work (e.g. predictive modeling) in the insurance industry preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Computer Proficiency: Ability to read/revise/review a statistical software program (Java, C++, Python is an advantage) Ability to create advanced programs from scratch. Leading the Business: Problem Solving & Decision Making. Risk Taking, Innovation. Results Orientation. Business Perspective. Seeks Opportunities to Learn. Business Acumen: Understanding and knowledge of key business knowledge areas (e.g. product, enterprise, industry, claim process and competitors). Ability to leverage business knowledge to determine approaches to execution. Critical Thinking: Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic
Statistics: Understanding of advanced statistics underlying data models. Ability to apply new statistical procedures to work. Demonstrates strong ability and knowledge of database principles, data profiling, statistics and data modeling and can apply this knowledge in new or complex situations.