In this role, candidate will work with a multidisciplinary team to design, implement & maintain various solutions using Java and Python, using frameworks and open source softwares. The ideal candidate will have experience working in Agile environment, knowledge and/or experience in microservices architectures, CI/CD, DevOps and cloud providers. Any experience with machine learning frameworks as Keras or Tensorflow is a plus.
Must to have:
- 2+ years of strong experience in Java
- Some experience with Python or other language than Java
- Clean code and design skills (Design Patterns), familiar with web services and security needs
- Experience with Spring (boot, cloud, security)
- RESTful service design and development
- Microservice design & understanding
- Caching for Services, APIs
- Continuous development, Continuous integration, experience with Docker
- Integration with LDAP, Integration with Identity and Access Management Platform like ISAM
- The developer should be able to work independently, make design decision, participate in group conversion and propose own ideas
Nice to have:
- 4+ years of strong experience in Java
- Understand business needs and apply Big Data/ Machine Learning technology to solve real-world business problems
- Ability to build and optimize models using machine learning techniques including features selection & engineering
- Address pain points of the business and provide additional insights across domains like Regression, Classification, Machine Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, reinforcement learning and/or statistical modeling
- As a technical lead candidate, you will be working with various team members such as data engineers, data scientists, statisticians, actuaries and with application developers
- Analyze source data, working with structured and unstructured data
- Manipulate high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships, and trends
- Extend company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
May manage one or more advanced research projects simultaneously
- Understands business needs and applies AI/Machine Learning technology to solve real-world problems
- Present analysis and recommendations to target audience
MSc (Computer science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree with 2 years experience. Moderate working knowledge of modeling/research/analytics. Relevant statistical analysis work experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Relevant work experience in Java Programming, research and/or advanced analytic work (e.g. predictive modeling) in the insurance industry preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Computer Proficiency: Ability to read/revise/review a statistical software program (Java, C++, Python is an advantage) Ability to create advanced programs from scratch. Leading the Business: Problem Solving & Decision Making. Risk Taking, Innovation. Results Orientation. Business Perspective. Seeks Opportunities to Learn. Business Acumen: Understanding and knowledge of key business knowledge areas (e.g. product, enterprise, industry, claim process and competitors). Ability to leverage business knowledge to determine approaches to execution. Critical Thinking: Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic
Statistics: Understanding of advanced statistics underlying data models. Ability to apply new statistical procedures to work. Demonstrates strong ability and knowledge of database principles, data profiling, statistics and data modeling and can apply this knowledge in new or complex situations.